[Be...] Posted September 14 Share Posted September 14 I tried building on an existing inspection plan by adding a second model to the file. It would randomly delete the second model from the file and I had to reload it several times. We are using 2024 Calypso. I did most of the added programming with the first model hidden. When I went to test the program it started fine, but then the alignment was super twisted. I would do a manual start alignment and then it would do the basic alignment. The first iteration was fine, but then the second iteration was just wonky and it wanted to crash into the part. I don't think I fiddled with the basic alignment. It was like when I rotated the second model to make it match the orientation and location of the first model that first model (which defined the basic alignment features) rotated even though the first model was directly aligned with the second model. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popular Post [Ke...] Posted September 15 Popular Post Share Posted September 15 No... but, whenever I needed to import a second model that needed to be realigned to match the first, I would: import the second model into a new program file, then realign that model to the correct position and save that new program. Then I would import the saved cad model from that newly saved program (model.sab) into the existing program. 5 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Br...] Posted September 16 Share Posted September 16 Keith, Perfect answer. Exactly what needs to be done. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ch...] Posted September 16 Share Posted September 16 Keith's idea works perfectly. But aligning your model in SolidWorks by creating your coordinate system there works good too. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Jo...] Posted September 18 Share Posted September 18 (edited) Calypso tries to merge all your geometry into "one model" in a way that is very frustrating. While it *appears* to have the concept of multiple models stored in a hierarchy, but they are not actually separate... It also has flags for which parts are measured and which parts are fixtures, but I cannot figure out how it works and it is always problematic to do anything other than "load one model at a time" Even worse, some of the changes to your model are done "Live" (without hitting "Save") Edited September 18 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Lu...] Posted September 18 Share Posted September 18 (edited) im make the aligments of cad models before start the program i use calypso and save them separatly then i import them. no issues. TO AVOID MERGING THE CAD MODELS - SEE THE IMAGE!! Hope this help Edited September 18 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Er...] Posted September 18 Share Posted September 18 I'm having issue hiding multiple cad files during planner simulation. I have one program for different operations, but when I run planner with cads hidden in the hierarchy it still shows all the cad files with shows collision all over the place. I can go around and troubleshoot the collision, but it would be much easier if calypso could hide only the specified cad during simulation. Does anyone has a solution for this issue? 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Be...] Posted 7 hours ago Author Share Posted 7 hours ago Sounds like calypso is just super buggy with this and badly programmed. Thank you all for your advice. I ended up starting a clean file and rewriting the program from scratch. I was not that hard of a program and only took about 6 hours. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Please sign in to view this quote. Good morning everyone, FYI: development is currently working on this to be more user friendly, i dont know about the planned timeline but there will be a change about this matter with the upcoming CALYPSO Versions. Best Regards Marcel Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in