Jump to content

Sub-values from a true position characteristic with PCM


---
 Share

Recommended Posts

Repost from General.

Hi All,

How do you pull the sub-values from a true position characteristic with PCM?

I have a true position of a Ø (-H-) to a datum scheme (-A-B-C-), and it reports the calculated value. I need to report the correction values for pulling the true position in spec. 

I know that you can enable an additional printout to get these values, but I would prefer to pull this into a standalone characteristic (Result element) using PCM.

 

When I attempt to cheat the software with "getActual("-H- Position1").y" I receive the following error. 

image.png.169dd9461fdbbcdd6aa3498133f33b9b.png

 

Any help is appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to view this quote.

This worked for the y direction but not the z, for some reason. The position zone is in the YZ, but doesn't give me an answer and shows the characteristic in pink. This gives me an error on the report saying that it is not possible. 

image.png.18fb3f033a87e9d4392c225b0cab472c.pngimage.png.e382f83db37b5f1ceb275ce5080d11c8.png

If I change it to "x," it shows a result. 

image.png.1791da19165075af65807305efaea662.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok this may be a bug. After manually calculating the true position, this aligns with the result in the true position characteristic. 

image.png.662dc9fc6f6911c08267950c22e5c985.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are using the classic GD&T, you have the always use .x and .y - the naming itself doesn't matter, it's more in the order. So if you were measuring a Position in the X/Y plane .x = X axis; .y = Y axis. If you were measuring in the X/Z plane .x = X axis; .y = Z axis. If you were measuring in the Y/Z plane .x = Y axis; .y = Z axis. 

Edited
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...