[Jo...] Posted yesterday at 02:37 PM Share Posted yesterday at 02:37 PM Repost from General. Hi All, How do you pull the sub-values from a true position characteristic with PCM? I have a true position of a Ø (-H-) to a datum scheme (-A-B-C-), and it reports the calculated value. I need to report the correction values for pulling the true position in spec. I know that you can enable an additional printout to get these values, but I would prefer to pull this into a standalone characteristic (Result element) using PCM. When I attempt to cheat the software with "getActual("-H- Position1").y" I receive the following error. Any help is appreciated! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ra...] Posted yesterday at 02:55 PM Share Posted yesterday at 02:55 PM Haven't personally tested, but this thread exists: Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Th...] Posted 18 hours ago Share Posted 18 hours ago If this is a classic position characteristic the PCM would be getActual("-H- Position1").actual.y 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Jo...] Posted 2 hours ago Author Share Posted 2 hours ago Please sign in to view this quote. This worked for the y direction but not the z, for some reason. The position zone is in the YZ, but doesn't give me an answer and shows the characteristic in pink. This gives me an error on the report saying that it is not possible. If I change it to "x," it shows a result. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Jo...] Posted 2 hours ago Author Share Posted 2 hours ago Ok this may be a bug. After manually calculating the true position, this aligns with the result in the true position characteristic. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ri...] Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago (edited) If you are using the classic GD&T, you have the always use .x and .y - the naming itself doesn't matter, it's more in the order. So if you were measuring a Position in the X/Y plane .x = X axis; .y = Y axis. If you were measuring in the X/Z plane .x = X axis; .y = Z axis. If you were measuring in the Y/Z plane .x = Y axis; .y = Z axis. Edited 1 hour ago Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in