Jump to content

Fitting Position on MasterProbe


---
 Share

Recommended Posts

If I perform a fitting position on the MasterProbe will that affect all of my qualified styli?

I have always re-qualified all styli in the past. Just looking for a short cut since I just qualified recently.

FYI

I had a stylus pass RC-CAA and qualification with a sigma of .00061 while the limit is set at .00015. It clearly shows as passed in the Probing System Qualification dialog box.

Edited
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Richard,

Typically, no, performing a fitting position of the masterprobe shouldn't require you to re-qualify all of your stylus systems. Really, a fitting position only needs to be performed once to enable RC-CAA for other stylus systems. 
If the fitting position was done as part of routine maintenance, you probably don't need to requalify. However, if the fitting position was repeated because of a crash, hardware change, or for another issue that could affect accuracy, then I would recommend requalifying the other stylus systems.
Here is all I could really find on the topic in the CALYPSO manual
image.png.19467f937d6a74187ae722ea5c8b5954.png

image.png.f6ee6e1d3bdbf8fce9bc0c03d011fd65.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...