[Ch...] Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago I just received a new laptop and need to know what folders I will need to keep from the old laptop. I don't really want to have to re-define all of my probes/tips. I currently have 5 different machines, with each on having at least 30 different tips defined. Is there a folder on the old laptop that I can just copy over to the new one? And still have them defined. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago On old laptop do a backup and then restore on the new one Extras>Settings>Miscellaneous>Maintenance> Backup Turn off windows security temporarily on new laptop (license dongle is CryptoBox which might get blocked) Create exceptions in security for Calypso/PiWeb etc Machine and styli C:\Users\Public\Documents\Zeiss\CALYPSO\Config Programs C:\Users\Public\Documents\Zeiss\CALYPSO\workarea\inspections Saved alignments C:Users\Public\Documents\Zeiss\CALYPSO\workarea\basesystems PDFs/table tiles C:\Users\Public\Documents\Zeiss\CALYPSO\workarea\results Custom header info C:\Users\Public\Documents\Zeiss\CALYPSO\protocol\protform Custom Excel templates C:\Users\Public\Documents\Zeiss\CALYPSO\data\excel_report Licenses C:\ProgramData\Zeiss\license directory (program data folder is usually hidden) If connecting to the cmm machine then make sure the IP for that network is set to: 192.4.1.199, and submask 255.255.255.0 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Je...] Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago Hi Please sign in to view this username. . Marcel's list is a great start. If possible, retain access to your previous laptop for a time, perhaps 15-30 days. Usually when I do computer swaps on Zeiss systems, there are files and folders I realize after the fact that I needed. Since I primarily use NVMe SSDs, it's easy enough to retain the old SSD and store it in a USB enclosure. Small footprint and value-added protection. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ke...] Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago If you are able to access the knowledgebase, this article should be a good guide https://portal.zeiss.com/knowledge-base?id=444235 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in