Naming Dimensions with selection scripts

---

---

Hi

I am working on a way of getting checks automatically for the selected elements, but a very strange thing is happening. I can't get the name field to appear in the inspect dimension dialog every time I do a check.

For example, in the image below I use the script to check the diameter of two cylinders. The first I couldn't name it, but the second I could. But that doesn't happen when I tried to check postition. I could name them both.

image.thumb.png.e3139a490f6ff97f54b7c8c0b987c5e6.png

My code is fairly simple it just checks if an element is selected and does the inspection. If I wanted to inspect the postions of the two cylinders I also could name them both.

Also this is the dialog for the first cylinder:

image.png.69b39fedb8c2a9f7ea06135f2606b5ca.png

And this is for the second:

image.png.cfefa5d738a21974b12a69e83123fff8.png

If I select only the first cylinder I can name it, it's only when I have both selected that I can't

Any toughts?

---

My guess would be to do with inspection grouping . gdant elements and normal nominal dimensions are in different sub groups in the explorer .  Ie is selected is a child of the sub group, you need an or statement to deal with both groups , or copy and paste the code and change the group searching in .

---

I already do it separatly. I either check diameters, or positions, or any other check

But what I came to realise is:

1. Every gd&t check let me change name 

2. For diameters or radius, only the first check doesn't let me change. All the others have that name field.

For example: I need to check radius for 6 circles. I can't name the first, but then all the other five I can. 

3. Also I did an auto intersection line distance, by selecting two pairs of lines and sometimes I can change the name of that distance check, but sometimes I can't

I really don't understand what's happening. I know that GOM Inspect already does this, but I really could benefit from changing the name right away, or tolerances for different selected elements, instead of letting it be GOM automatic naming

And it should be possible, it does almost precise. Just these few problems