Touch Sphere Plausibility Check Alternate Method

---

---

I am trying to add a plausibility check to a touch sphere. the problem is the sphere is taking a reading from 3 contact points and the points taken are on the edge of the mesh (usually this would fail a plausibility check where the points manually created however this isn't an option. 

As a sanity check for this I wanted to add a check to the actual section, if this is compete at the point the sphere contacts the CAD  the reading is good and when broken, this would give a bad reading. Is there a way to get the software to check for this incomplete actual section? Closest thing i can think of is a series of touch edge points that look to fail the plausibility checks.  The attachment should clarify the issue a little. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Good part.docx

• 3 weeks later...
---

Hello James,

in 2023 there is an option "only touch from outside" for touch spheres - maybe this works as a check in your application. If you want use the section for this, there is a keyword "scanline_point_connection" which is either 'interrupted' or 'connected' for each point of the section. You could count the interruptions for example. It's also available in scripting.

image.thumb.png.d0329dcf70c9979dd31e89ac39ca1107.png

Nanno