Rate of change

---

---

I seem to remember a few years back GOM having a 'rate of change' function in their software. Is that feature still there?

I have a curved surface and would like to display the rate of change of the actual machined surface (in a script, if possible).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

---

Hello Brad,

the curvature can be derived from a curve, section etc. and there is a check "form change rate" for deviation plots. There might be another function if you specify your application.

Nanno

---

Please sign in to view this quote.

Sorry about the vague explanation in my original post. Let me try it this way,  if I have a profile reading of .075 with a limit of .100, the surface is good. However, if there is a quick drop in the form of the surface that is more than 0.0127 within a radius or length of 4 mm then the surface doesn’t pass. I would like to know if GOM/Zeiss has anything to detect this.

Thanks again,

Brad

---

Yes, as mentioned before the form change range should be done the trick. For this function you will need something that delivers a deviation plot (it doesn't matter if this based on sections, curves, meshes or point clouds). And of course a surface profile has a deviation plot. Therefore please select your surface profile in the explorer and use I-Inspect to choose this check

image.thumb.png.3c2abe2c1af6425837cd7777cbe6434d.png

Now you can enter your search distance. As an result you get an additional deviation plot that shows you.

image.thumb.png.fd01a79777ed05ccd67177eec251ca84.png

Of course, the check provides you a maximum deviation as a number, too.

Important note: This function only analyse the result of another deviation check. This is not an restricted portion check as is described in ASME or ISO. Such an check is only available for form tolerances excluding surface profiles. Best solution would be to have an short look into the techguide ZEISS Quality Tech Guide and decide if this funtion is doing what you are expection.

Hope this helps

Christoph Schult

Edited