Result judgment shows an issue

---

---

I encountered a problem where after setting the tolerance, the deviation was 0 but it displayed in red in the final column of the judgment. This may cause the customer to misunderstand this Zen monk. Is there any way to help me change it to green and qualified?

image.png.52e9aaca55291f8d93777a265a8c148a.png

---

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your reply. Changing the tolerance is not allowed by the customer, and I can only seek other solutions

---

I would assume that your achieved tolerance is something above zero but below 0.0005 so that this tolerance is rounded for display issues to 0.0. Of course comparison to the tolerance border will be done with the exact value showing that the tolerance is failed. 

Getting the tolerance green is not possible without changing the tolerance borders. But of course you could change the number of displayed digits in the preferences showing your customer that this tolerance is failed and the red indication is correct.

Christoph Schult

---

Id also say it is highly unusual to tolerance the x,y,z components of a point seperately .  I cant think of a drawing call out that would suggest this?

Appreciate you cant share the complete drawing but do you have a desnsitized abstract that shows the intent of what you are trying to do?

To add to christophs point i think the issue here is the actual co ordinate of z , not rounding of the tolerance .

If you set the digits to 9 or very high my guess is that any positive value even to 9 decimal places and beyond is still higher than 0 and therefore returns a failure.

As has been suggested if you find this for real you could change your tolerance zone to say 0.0004 in positive so only when rounding of the actual would incur a third decimal result ( i.e 0.0005 ) would you return a fail.

Bear in mind that if you do this and have 3 dp on as a display this tolerance zone would then still be seen as 0.

---
Posted (edited)

Thank you very much for your help. We have already explained this to the customer. As you mentioned, the actual value is rounded off, and the customer has accepted our explanation. Thank you!

Edited