Adjustments to scan not saving

---

Hi,

We're running a series of parts, and we're finding that after months of tweaking issues and having the scan routine update for the next part, we are having to add shots for the same areas on each part. We switched the setting on the scan from "Manual" to "Automatic" thinking that would resolve the problem, but we are still having to add shots for the same areas on each scan.

Melinda Larck

Hi,

I guess you are talking about VMR (Virtual Measuring Room) and Smart Teach. Did you teach measurement positions using Smart Teach for one part and then adapted the measurements positions by adding more positions or changing parameters? These manual changes should be kept, even when exchanging the CAD in the project. Can you explain what steps you are doing that your changes get lost?

Kind regards,

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the issue was in the VMR adding positions after Smart Teach. I had a family emergency and was away for a bit, but my coworkers found a way to finish the study. I don't know how they fixed it, but everything is working okay now. We seem to have had several problems since the CrowdStrike outage. 

So, anyway. We ran Smart Teach and obtained a basic routine. Then we manually added positions to get better coverage in areas that Smart Teach didn't quite get. We saved the program, and it worked okay for our test part. When it came time to run a study on our launch parts, we had problems. We saved each session before starting the next part, and started the next session from the previous session in order to benefit from tweaks made to the program for the previous part. However, we found ourselves having to add positions in order to build a mesh for the same areas of each part. We have not run into similar problems with other parts we have measured since.

Does that mean you have a series of projects in which manually added measurement positions "disappear"? Can you provide such projects to the support? Then we could be able to analyze the problem. 
Usually, manually added measurement positions are not touched by Smart Teach.

Kind regards,

Jan