Create fitting circles from sections

---

Hi, 

I’m really not familiar with scripting and tried different AIs without success so I need your help!

I have created “multisection parallel” on a 3D-scanned round bar. For each created section, I want to create a fitting circle as “maximum enscribed element” to be analyzed further later on. I have about 500 sections so it’s let say tedious to manually create each circle. 

Or do you have another idea to analyze the cross-sectional area along a round bar?

Many thanks!

/Emil

Hey Emil,

it's totally understandable that you are looking for a smart way through this 500-section-monster.

For such tasks I recommend you the 'User-defined Inspection Principle'. You can see this as a blue-print for an element construction sequence which is defined by you and which can be applied to any amount of elements by just on click. See it as a tree which grows from one specific element type (eg a section) and builds all required follow-up elements based on that first element.
For more details feel free to have a read: ZEISS Quality Tech Guide - Define User-Defined Inspection Principle

Hope this helps

One additional hint:
Together with the Cluster-Functionality you can "multiply" one element to different locations (translated or rotated). May be this makes also sense for you?!

Yes this is only 1 out of 16 scans so it’s just a part of the monster! Many thanks to both of you! I’ll try tomorrow when I have time. I’ll check tomorrow but do you know if your suggestion also works in GOM Inspect suite 2020 which is the latest license we have bought. 

These functionality should also be available for SW2020. Some improvements were done in the cluster functionality for newer versions, but I guess the base functionality could already be sufficient for you.

It worked beautifully once I understood it, thanks! I’ll definitely use this function more in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

Please sign in to view this username.

, I would like to know more about your inspection tasks. When are you free for an online call? 

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...