Scan visualisation - T SCAN hawk 2

---

It is difficult to determine if enough data has been captured while scanning. It would be helpful if a preview mesh was created on the fly, rather than showing only the pointcloud.

Hello Steffen,

can you share some background information and screenshots?

Are the holes in the mesh even though the point cloud looks fine?

Best regards,

Jens Braun

We're looking at moving into the Zeiss system and this something I also noticed during our evaluation. Creaform provides a real-time meshed view of captured data that I think is quite good.  The amount of data that's been captured for an area is also reflected by the base color of the mesh. Yellow for low quality or not enough points and progressing to teal for an adequate amount for the selected resolution.

With inspect the points of the captured cloud are very uniform in appearance so it's sometimes hard to discern if all the details in a highly complex surface are being captured. This was more of an issue when working with the Hawk2 and standing several feet from the monitor. I think even just a different lighting preset or rendering parameters could be applied to the points during capture. Being able to see shading on surfaces better through the use of more contrast or reflectivity of the rendered point could help. Other options like a change in color based on distance from a selected clipping plane could be nice. 

The example below is the type of scan in progress rendering I personally think is quite useful. It's very easy to see where holes exist and discern areas of noise. In most other aspects I've been very impressed with the Zeiss software. I can see how the current system works well for the structured light devices but is less optimized for handheld laser capture. 

image.thumb.png.19c0ee7673311ab4b4802e4cba2d24ad.png

Thank you for your feedback!

We already have a ticket covering this topic. I have added your request to the ticket.

Best regards,

Jens Braun