Idea for double cone tied to single axis fitting option

---

I have had multiple instances where I didn't have a good scan of a through cylinder but had chamfers or other cone features on both sides. 
On their own the cone often isn't defined enough to give a good center or through axis but if I was able to select the cone on each side and it calculated both cones to determine center and axis it would be far more accurate. 
This is something I am working on that made me think of it. Not the most critical but it gives some visualization. On this one I can grab some cylinder geometry on the inside face but the outside faces go from a chamfer to threads. If I could select this chamfer on this side and the one on the opposing side of the part and have it calculate two matched/averaged cones I think it would give me more accurate positioning than the inside cylinders would. And if this part didn't have the inside cylinder it would be very difficult to find the axis of the bore as well as a dual cone calculation would. 
I suppose an option for matched cones or different cones would be nice as well. If say one side had a chamfer and the other a tapered bearing, or just two significantly different cone shapes. 

cones.png

I have created an customer wish issue to add a new fitting method inside the software. Of course, I can not make any promise to which version we can include a solution inside the Zeiss Inspect Software, but at least it is on the wished feature list.