What is the meaning of calibration deviation (optimized)?

---

I have been trying to find what is meant by calibration deviation (optimized) vs the calibration deviation, with little luck.

Any information on the subject would be useful, and appreciated.

Screenshot2024-10-07155830.png.2f5cbe0730322584865b636d2a824202.png

Hi Damon , im an ex employee, firstly i wouldnt think too deeply about this value. There is no correlation between this value and say the output of a vdi check on spheres.

Secondly, the calibration deviation is something like a bundle adjustment number you might know from photogrammetry.  The optimized vale is taking that information through proprietary algorithms to improve the effectiveness of this information to the system . 

In the end the optimized value is only of practical used to the developers. 

Even internally this exact optimization process is not shared for ip reasons.

I hope this helps in some way , if you can give any context of your query that may help elaborate further.

Hi James,

Thank you for you informative response.

I'll first give context, I'm looking for a value or method to define the accuracy of our ATOS scanner, outside of completing an MSA.

I believe that from what you have explained, the calibration deviation is not an indicator of this, but of the adjustments made by the software.

Many Thanks,

Hi Damon , one way you can express accuracy is through a vdi2634pt2/3 test conducted on spheres.  The principle is similar to a 10360 check on a cmm measuring form and distance between spheres.

If you dont have a sphere set i believe it is still possible to order a service from your local partner to do it for you.

However MSAs are the ultimate way to view the situation of your setup on your parts.

My best analogy for this is that on a cmm you might have a statement from oem on accuracy , or complete a sphere based check , but if you were to measure a sponge these numbers do not help understand the equipment performance .