Datum System - Multi planes

---

Hello,

I need to use a Datum system with two holes (A, B) and 3 planes (C1, C2, C3), but when I try to attach multiple planes it returns an error saying that this is not a valid Datum System.

Datum.PNG

Hi, 

you should switch the calculation mode from 'Geometry' to 'GD&T'. The combination of multiple elements as one datum is not allowed with the 'Geometry mode' (because it wouldn't be clear (and therefore ambiguous) how to combine these datums to one).

Regards

Please sign in to view this quote.

Thank you for the reply

The calculation mode has no "GD&T", the option "ASME" and "ISO" don't allow me to use multi planes either

Datum.PNG

Just as a sanity check - are all the planes parallell to each other?  Is there a difference if you follow christoph's suggestion?  It is very unusual to see a datum system where the primary plane is last

Are the actual planes fitting planes or just something like geometry planes constructed from points and normals? That is the only thing I can currently think of that would lead to this complete refusal to compute anything.
Otherwise, the best way to get support is to contact your local ZEISS partner. Then you can transfer the actual project and we can look into the problem in detail.