Can't make volume check parametric

---

So I'm trying to make a volume check parametric, but can't find a solution.

I can only use the mesh for volume construction, hence I can't make it a parametric type check.  Is there anyway to do this?

test_part_volume.JPG

Sorry Tim , can you explain the issue some more please? The actual volume of a mesh should update when you exchange the meshes parametrically.  I guess you mean the check to a fixed nominal value?

The way GOM works for parametric checks is you HAVE to be able to begin the dimension on the CAD prior to the mesh. I cannot develop a base case CAD volume check at the moment so I am only able to do this on a one off basis using the mesh.......if you see differently please upload a test case.

Hi, in case you have the CAD available you can always create a proxy mesh from this CAD as "simulated" actual data.

image.png.fed56bd5b0e72d6d380b7cb6530aad3b.png

Use the command "CAD to Actual Mesh..."

image.png.decdeb5d3ce0552c162dbc521fa696e4.png

Choose "Actual data simulation".

Now you have a CAD and Actual Mesh in your project and can define the volume check. The mesh / actual data will be swapped out once you polygonize a measurement or import data into the part.

Currently there is no way to define this check directly on the nominal.

@Lorenz

Thanks for the reply...Im aware of CAD to Mesh, that is how I program inspections...the problem I have is our parametric script has a line item that 'removes mesh" and then imports a new one.  Once you remove the mesh it auto-deletes the volume check.  Also, saving a inspect file with our 40MB meshes would blow up our storage space. We are already asking for more space and removing old stuff...

I'll have a look at that dropdown you suggested and see if it helps and doesn't grow our file size...im assuming cad to Mesh shouldn't be much more data.  

Thanks! I'll report back

Edited

Instead of deleting the mesh choose replace ? Does this have the desired effect?   To be clear ...you want to load a new mesh , calculate the volume , return the volume , close project etc? Even adding the volume check by code ( as you mentioned script) should be viable.    I'm quite sure i have done volumetric calculations in the past in this way.   It will be difficult for me to upload an example these days i'm afraid .