How to create a fitting cylinder at a specific location between two planes

---

I am trying to inspect a part that has a datum cylinder that is specified as limited to between two planes.  How do I limit the cylinder to between the planes while not limiting the sample points to intersected circles?  In the attached file, it is specifically the -J- fitting cylinder. Thank you in advance!

Datum_-J-_Cylinder_Question.ginspect

Edited

Hi Vincent,

the best solution would be to use a proper selection. I take a short look onto your project. Unfortunately there is no patch border at the area of interest.

I assume that creating patch border using the CAD program is no solution at all. Then you have to create a proper nominal selection using select by cylinder and two deselect above plane afterwards (obviously one for each plane) to create the nominal cylinder. Afterwards you can use referenced construction to get the actual cylinder.  If your planes are identical in nominal and actual (e.g. if you are using the system planes) then you can use the measuring principle fitting element instead.

Hope this helps.

Christoph Schult

• 2 weeks later...

I assume that you have already moved on from this project, but what I would do is use the -J- fitting cylinder to create intersection points from the intersection planes S and T, choose a referenced construction measuring principle for the points and then create a cylinder from two points and input the nominal radius. Then choose fitting element for the resulting cylinder.