GOM 2022 webcam

---

Go to solution Solved by [To...],

We recently updated our GOM software to 2022 and having an issue with the software. GOM 2022 will not let us open the webcam to see inside of the metrotom scout 6. This is the error we get:

1162494130_webcamerror.JPG.03352f7d8a50b5d2f286de09101a4c03.JPG

The current version of the webcam package is:

1439101047_webcamversion.JPG.673c49184ae800821f8ba1281cfb5e2b.JPG

I have tried uninstalling the webcam package and reinstalling it. I tried replacing it with the webcam package for GOM 2021. I have tried to reinstall the software multiple times. I have tried uninstalling GOM 2021 as well and doing a standalone install of GOM 2022. So far I have not had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only one that is available for download is still 1.0.5 from what I see. I am getting the package from the GOM platform repository. Is there another place that I should be looking at to get 1.0.6?

Please sign in to view this username.

I was told by someone at Zeiss to hold off on the 2022 update for the scout 6 until the 1st hotfix is out 2nd week of November.

That said, it says numpy didn't install. I  believe you can right click on user defined scripts and the install python package installer is available. If you click that you should be able to install numpy perhaps...good luck.

Do you ever get bad meshes produced from a scan? We run 5 parts at a time and it seems we get more bad meshes produced each week.

Edited

Please sign in to view this quote.

Hi Tim,

could you get in touch with our Support to further dicuss your issues here? Because this is rather unrelated to the Package topic, but we still would like to understand what your current concerns are.

Best,

Lorenz

If I start getting bad scans I just recalibrate the CT scanner. I also have a part saved that always scans well with specific settings so i will normally use that to see if the CT needs to be calibrated or not

Using Software 2022 (Rev. 154413) 
image.png.ad0ddd088c2943fc6b73bbb3532bcf30.png

I am able to install the correct version of the Webcam Addon (1.0.6)

image.thumb.png.a3c460c5807015e6002ace97d6273733.png

Please make sure to install the Addon from the online-source provided by the Manager Interface within the software.

Edited

• 2 weeks later...

I tried installing GOM 2022 hotfix 1 hoping that it would fix the webcam issue but it didn't work. I have a new error now when launching the webcam.

image.png.5f3fc85beb6f0894cfa556634edb7844.png

• Solution

Since it looks like you're using the latest versions of the software and the webcam package, please get in contact with support@gom.com so that someone can take a look directly.