How to add existing report page template to the existing Report style in the Package ?

---

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Robert,

This task is a bit tricky in 2020 - what you want is to override your report templates in the end.. so you need a function with the same name: "Overwrite Report Template" in the beginning when wanting to add report pages / templates via rmb to the report style that is already contained in a package.

I attached a screen video shows how this works:

• 3 months later...

Please sign in to view this quote.

I was having the same problem and found this post on the forum.
So, what you’re actually explaining is: GOM took something that was incredibly easy and intuitive in previous software versions and made it incredibly and unnecessary complicated in the current software version on behalf of some alleged advantages I still have not found?
Now, that only leaves the question: why, for god sake why does the software tend to get less and less user friendly each next version for some years now, when before user friendliness was the main selling feature of the software?
‘Study for at least a month each year to fully comprehend the entire impact of all the software changes in the latest version’ was never in my job description. Neither was ‘put a lot of time into adapting your existing GOM projects to the latest software edition and then do it again next year and yet again the next year’.
Maybe not too late to avoid other needless and useless complications in the 2021 version just for the sake of 'we have to do something we haven't done before to attract the attention at this years Messe'.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Han, 

Thank you for the feedback, packages replaced the skins and both of them are used to store templates. The advantage of the new packages is that you can see now what is contained in the package, share them more easy and have control on its version, to mention some. As we give more access/insight into template management this raises its complexity as you said.  I just reviewed my last video, and saw that the template managing was actually complicated - it is more easy so you can add templates to packages where you create them.

950139298_Reporttemplate.png.34cc05335ae1443566355522dfe1dda5.png

For sure we do not have the aim to provide within a new release facelifts only, but features. Thereby regularly customer feedback and wishes are taken into account, too.

As in this case to long term users the workflow has changed. - We already adressed this to get an improved workflow for the next software version 2021. 

I assume you gained the update training in the Training Center and the Whats New documentation in the Direct Help of the GOM Software, which is giving insight into new Versions of the Software.