Surface Comparison irregularities

---

Hello all,

I am looking for someone that can answer why I am getting these types of irregular areas in my surface comparisons? I have tried moving my Max. Search Distance from 1mm to 20mm having the same results. Also I have played around with the Expert parameters to see if it changes at all but not sure what these parameters are actually used for. Could anyone please explain what this color map is showing and how to fix. If anyone can give a little insight on how the expert parameters affect the results would be greatly appreciated.   Please see pic below.

1525597454_GOMSurfaceComparison.thumb.PNG.6c42072babf15fbee5944250e6d9e368.PNG

Hello Jarrad,

the parameters are explained in the techguide (ZEISS Quality Tech Guide (gom.com)). Please try checking the box "Plausibility check". Maybe there are hidden areas in the CAD which result in the deviation. If the max. distance is too large, unexpected results may be shown, too. Otherwise please contact your local support with the project.

Nanno

This looks like a double surface of the actual mesh. Click on the mesh, set transparency to 50% and look at that area. There is probably another surface patch inside the actual mesh, and that one is then measured with the surface comparison inspection. You can also use patch selection on mesh and the use Ctrl+I to invert selection, it will probably select you all other floating surfaces inside and outside of the actual mesh, which are actual scanned errors but are polygonized nevertheless.