Managing multiple parts in one project

---

Hello!

I have a .gom file that contain multiple measurements, a cast and 2 section, as show in the png. My question is: from this point it's possible to create 3 different component and assign the respective measurements to each one and polygonalize them  to obtaint a result as similar as scanning multiple object at the same time using the assistant workflow?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

MEASUREMENTS.png

Hi,

if all of your measurement lists fit together in one coordinate system and are transformable together (e.g. via Reference points) then the answer is: Yes, with manual work it is possible. But if you want to measure, for instance, front and backside from each part individually and you have move each part individually to achieve that, then this is not possible. I have to mention that you usually can't use this kind of project as template, because you haven't ensured how a repeatable coordinate system will be established for each run.

Nevertheless, let's assume all of my mentioned items are valid, here how you can do it:

• Create the number of wished parts
  • Create a 'Measuring setup' where you specify that each part is used for 'Measuring'
  • With the goal flag you can create parametric meshes in each part
  • Edit the point selection/visibility of the measurement list during edit creation of the mesh that only the intended portion of measurements are used individually for each mesh

Hope this helps?!

Regards,

Bernd

Please sign in to view this quote.

Thank you for the response, i tried using your hit and it work good enough for my needs. 🙂