[ko...] Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago (edited) Hello everyone. I am new to ZEISS INSPECT and I am not an expert, so I would appreciate your guidance with the following measurement problem. I need to measure two distances (marked in Yellow) from a Ø16.4 theoretical exact dimension (TED) circle, shown in green in the attached images. The adjacent blue profile is not conical; it is a toroidal surface. However, I cannot find an option in ZEISS INSPECT to construct or fit a torus, and the available construction appears to allow only a cone. My preferred strategy is to create a nominal cylinder with a diameter of 16.4 mm and then construct a circle from the intersection between this cylinder and the measured toroidal feature. As an alternative, I considered creating a section through the feature and using the intersection of that section with the Ø16.4 cylinder. Unfortunately, I have not been able to identify the appropriate ZEISS INSPECT functions for either method. As a temporary workaround, I created the circle on a fitted cone. This produces a result, but it is not geometrically correct because the actual feature is a torus. The cone fit may therefore shift the reference circle and affect the two distance results. Could you please advise on the correct workflow to: 1. calculate its intersection with the measured toroidal surface, or with a section derived from that surface; 2. construct a circle from the resulting intersection; and 3. use that circle as the reference for the two distance measurements? Edited 7 hours ago Pictures Layout Improvement Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago Well, this is not an easy job for beginner 🙂 I would suggest making a cylindrical section ( in Section menu ) - you will select axis and radius. Select area on mesh and it will make an section. Now select that section and make a circle from it ( fitting principle ) Now you need to obtain somehow other side of those dimensions. You can either use touch caliper or make there a fitting circle and intersection it with theoretical plane to obtain quadrant. Now you can measure as 2point distance. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in