[Ma...] Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago Hi team , it´s possible to evaluated surface profile only for one direction ? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago What you mean by one direction? Like in Calypso which will report maximum only for outer or inner? That can be achieved by using normal surface profile and pinning maximum / minimum from all selected points of profile result. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 22 hours ago Author Share Posted 22 hours ago Surface profile evaluated along only one axis for example for only for X. I think its overline task. So i need another opinion. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 22 hours ago Author Share Posted 22 hours ago I solved this way. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 22 hours ago Share Posted 22 hours ago I saw evaluation in one axis, but that was in Calypso and only for curves - not for FF. I ended up with equidistant points and reporting their deviation in on axis. But i can not figure out what meaning will that number have for me. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 22 hours ago Author Share Posted 22 hours ago Yep , its killstrike from designer. I think that the designer confused position with surface profile. Thanks for the feedback. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[No...] Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago (edited) In my opinion, the idea of evaluating a surface profile in only one direction is contradictory in itself. It's like if you say "I want to calculate a line, but I have only one point" If you recall the definition of a surface profile, the tolerance zone is derived from placing an infinite number of virtual spheres with their center point on the nominal surface and their diameter being the tolerance width. The actual zone are two tangential surfaces touching the spheres from both sides. How could this be calculated in only one direction? The only way would be to use a line profile instead. Edited 6 hours ago Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in