[Ri...] Posted Tuesday at 08:55 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 08:55 PM Does anyone know of an efficient way to Recall Feature Points from a Curve that has a Pattern on it? In my example, I have a group of (4) curves that has a 116x pattern on them. I need to then create a FreeForm Surface for each 4x group of curves - so essentially I need to create 116x FFS that pulls from the correct set of (4) curves. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Mi...] Posted Wednesday at 06:42 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 06:42 AM Hello Richard, I didn't fully understand what you're trying to achieve. Could you post a few pictures of your current setup and what you're aiming for? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ri...] Posted Wednesday at 12:52 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 12:52 PM Please sign in to view this quote. Hi Michael, I am measuring a blisk. I'm limited to programming in Calypso 2023, so I cannot place patterns on a FreeForm Surface, so currently I'm programming it as 3d Curves that I will then recall feature points into a FreeForm Surface. Due to orientation and angles, I'm measuring it as (3) cross-sections, and (2) different angles, so in total it is (6) 3d Curves, per side, so in total there are (12) 3d Curves that make up one blade. I'm looking for an efficient way to correctly recall feature points from the (12) individual 3d Curves into their respective FreeForm Surface. So for the example above, I'd need to pull the points from 3D Curve - 1-1(1), 3D Curve - 1-2(1), 3D Curve - 1-3(1), 3D Curve - 2-1(1), 3D Curve - 2-2(1), 3D Curve - 2-3(1), 3D Curve - 3-1(1), 3D Curve - 3-2(1), 3D Curve - 3-3(1), 3D Curve - 4-1(1), 3D Curve - 4-2(1), 3D Curve - 4-3(1). And that is for just the first blade, there are 115 more to create. It's a lot of manual work that I'm trying to avoid if possible. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago Please sign in to view this username. I don't have FFS, but I assume you can use formula in recall feature points. I would use PCM to create a list with desired elements and recall that list using formula. You have to change a loop index in every element, but you can come up with some "automatic index extract" from name of element or something and you just copy paste that element x115 😄 nameOfElement = "Point" noOfElements = 4 noOfSections = 3 loop = 1 recallElementsList = "list(" for i = 1 to noOfElements for j = 1 to noOfSections recallElementsList = recallElementsList + qm() + nameOfElement + "_" + i + "_" + j + "(" + loop + ")" + qm() + "," next j next i recallElementsList = mid(recallElementsList,1,(len(recallElementsList) - 1))) recallElementsList = recallElementsList + ")" //display(recallElementsList) recallElementsList = getParameterNamed(recallElementsList) 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in