[Be...] Posted yesterday at 12:44 PM Share Posted yesterday at 12:44 PM Hi everyone, I could use some help here. I have a drawing that specifies an angularity check with an asymmetrical tolerance zone. How do I inspect this? I’ve already constructed the feature to be inspected and the datum. However, when I try to check the angularity, I can't set an asymmetrical tolerance—like you can for a surface profile, for example. Does this actually work for angularity, or do I need to inspect it differently? Thanks in advance for your help! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Jo...] Posted yesterday at 01:24 PM Share Posted yesterday at 01:24 PM (edited) Have you tried the option "projected tolerance Zone"? Have not used this myself, but looks like this would provide the function of an offset tolerance zone. Or not... Edited yesterday at 01:31 PM Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted yesterday at 01:44 PM Share Posted yesterday at 01:44 PM This is nonsense callout. Same like flatness it's reporting distance from MIN to MAX point on plane defined by angle from datum. In this case it would be better to use perpendicularity - it's 90°. But you can not use assymetric tolerance. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[na...] Posted 11 hours ago Share Posted 11 hours ago Please sign in to view this quote. What Please sign in to view this username. said. You can ignore the UZ 1 and just do angularity with 2 mm tolerance zone. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago Please sign in to view this quote. The response from the customer is positive , so i hope , i´mdoing well 😆 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Be...] Posted 6 hours ago Author Share Posted 6 hours ago Thanks for the feedback. For now, I’ve simply checked it using the specified 90° angle (or perpendicularity) and a standard inclination, without the asymmetric tolerance zone. The projected tolerance zone isn't the right approach here. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Projected tolerance on TP will result in measuring TP in places, where you can not measure ( typically in assembly ). Projected tolerance for perpendicularity will result in using different length - again for cases you can not measure directly. This is not suitable for using it as UZ. Only thing i would see used is on one of our customer - TP with UZ - it was used with length distance, so we moved TP TED position by that UZ. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in