[Bl...] Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago Hello all, I'm a little confused about the report with the bar all the way on the right side. If you're looking at the values, it lists them left to right as "measured value, nominal value, +tol, -tol, deviation, and +/-". I've always thought that the bar on the right side under "+/-" displayed it as a measurement of low tolerance (left side of bar) and high tolerance (right side of bar) with the centerline signifying nominal. A part ran the other day and when the report came out the measured value measured under nominal value (for example, nominal is 1.50 ±0.005 and the measured value was 1.4976). The value still measured within tolerance, but the green bar was to the right of the centerline under the "+/-" display. Can someone help explain to me why that might be? I always thought that if it measured below the nominal value then it would show to the left of the centerline? I measured the actual diameter that was out with a caliper, and it measured pretty much the same as the CMM. I've attached a photo below of what I'm describing Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Jo...] Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago (edited) Hello Blue, which software and version are talking about and maybe give us a snipet of the report, that is confusing you. Edited 4 hours ago Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ri...] Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Could be a simple graphical display error. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Bl...] Posted 3 hours ago Author Share Posted 3 hours ago (edited) This is the photo from the actual report. Measured value is less than nominal value I would assume that the green bar should go to the left of the centerline? I may be looking at it wrong though Edited 3 hours ago Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[No...] Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Is it really +1.50 nominal and +1.4976 actual or maybe -1.50 and -1.4976 ? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Jo...] Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago thats why you should give us more unfiltered info ... this is all through your lens and that doesent seem to make sense 🙂 Screenshot the whole line with nominal tolerances actual and the graphical bar. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Bl...] Posted 1 hour ago Author Share Posted 1 hour ago Yes, sorry I was looking at the wrong report. Is this ok? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in