Jump to content

Planner's cad model not matching the location on the actual CMM


---
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am working on getting a Planner laptop set up to where ill be able to create programs on the cmm while the cmm is being ran

I believe I have it just about figured out, i got planner to simulate the measurement plan, one problem ive noticed though is that the location of the model in relation to the CMM cad model on the laptop isnt matching the actual setup location of the part on the actual cmm

This laptop would also be used to edit programs as well, I saw on another forum post somewhere that it isnt a good idea to move the model after the cmm program has been made, is there a way to match the planner cmm coordinate system to the actual cmm, so the part is where it should be?

Right now the coordinate system is too close to the granite, so my probes are going into the floor of the granite when the plan is simulated. I am getting collision detections because of this. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are correct that you shouldn't transform/rotate the CAD model once you have a measurement plan defined, but the one found in CAD - Modification - CAD Model Transformation is different than the one found inside of Planner - Measurement Plan Simulation - Modify CAD Model. 

The one in Modify CAD Model is only moving the CAD model in refence to the simulation environment. This is extremely important to ensure that it is at the proper location on the machine (most of the time it is defaulted to the home position of the machine). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to view this quote.

Thank you for you fast response, Is it better to use the one in Cad Model Transformation? Or the one in the planner menu? Honestly I'm less worried about the distance from the simulation model to the granite being accurate, just raised away so it doesn't cause false collision detections. I just wanted to clarify before i start breaking all my programs lol. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The two serve different purposes. The CAD Model Transformation is for correcting the location of the CAD Model in reference to the measurement plan - I typically wouldn't ever touch this after a measurement plan has been defined unless I had some very specific reason to do so (can absolutely break your measurement plan - especially things like Free Forms). The Modify CAD Model is only for correcting the location of the Base Alignment/Model inside the Planner/Simulation - it is needed to be modified to check for machine clearances during simulation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...