[Ze...] Posted yesterday at 03:30 PM Share Posted yesterday at 03:30 PM Hi all, If I put a Probing System Qualification in my probe calibration program for the Masterprobe at the beginning, and use Geometry Requalification, does it update the reference sphere position and then calibrate the Masterprobe? I'm trying to understand if I need to manually find the RS position each time with the Masterprobe at the beginning of an autocal program, or if it finds it during the geometry requalification? If so, is there a search distance it uses to locate the RS? If not, how do I update the RS position automatically at the beginning of the program before autocalibrating all the other probes? Hope that made sense. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted yesterday at 03:45 PM Share Posted yesterday at 03:45 PM I am doing manual position, then program, but i think i'll try sphere on different position with one probe - i am curious too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ri...] Posted yesterday at 05:41 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:41 PM (edited) I have one calibration program with a VAST XT Gold sensor; we automatically qualify the MasterProbe. The Reference Sphere (RS) is always in the same place on this setup (It's on a Micura 5x5x5). The RS is removed when running products and put in place when running qualification every Monday. It is located on an Inspection Arsenal plate. We do not have to manually reference the RS, it is all automatic. We use default search distance that is setup when you define the MasterProbe. Edited yesterday at 05:42 PM 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Jo...] Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago Please sign in to view this quote. I was suspicious that the magnetic plates could do the job, but we use the magnetic inspection arsenal sphere holder as well and it is great! You can just snap the sphere on and off the table and it remembers the position. Expensive, but Inspection Arsenal is just fantastic stuff. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ze...] Posted 30 minutes ago Author Share Posted 30 minutes ago Let me try and explain a little better what I'm asking. Please correct me if I have anything wrong with my understanding. If you remove the reference sphere and then replace it on the table, even if it's at the same location, you need to find/redefine the reference sphere position by loading the MasterProbe and running Ref Sphere Position. This is done with a Manual hit on top of the Reference Sphere. This ensures that points are taken at the correct vector and location on the RS during probe calibration by redefining the RS location. After that, all probe calibrations are done based on that RS position. This RS position is saved until it's redefined by using the same process again. I want to automate that process in a probe auto-calibration program. If I put a Probing System Qualification in my program as the first characteristic, choose the MasterProbe as the first probe to check, and select Qualify Passive Stylus, for example, does the software redefine the RS location? What about Geometry Re-Qualification? I know it will initially drive/move to the last known location of the RS, but if it doesn't update it then how would I do that at the beginning of my program? The only options in the Probing System Qualification dialogue for the MasterProbe, or any probe, are Qualify Passive Stylus and Geometry Re-Qualification. After perusing the internet and asking AI I'm getting all sorts of conflicting answers. Some say the RS position is updated, some not, some to put a macro in (which I can't find), etc. Any insight on how to do this correctly would be much appreciated. I can't find any sort of definitive source/paper on this from Zeiss or any other source. Thank you! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in