[Ri...] Posted 10 hours ago Share Posted 10 hours ago I have a part that is a tube, the print wants us to measure wall thickness. What is the best way? I started out using FreeForm, then hoped to draw the info into a torus (OD and ID) then report the difference for the wall thickness of D2 for each and divide by 2 using a result element. In simulation, Torus to Torus it works. In real life, it not works. 😁 Im guessing I could do a bunch of symmetry points for the wall thickness. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
[Ma...] Posted 10 hours ago Share Posted 10 hours ago I think you can scan it as curves and then measure their distance - one is inside other is outside. Otherwise i don't know if you can make intersection of torus and line or torus and plane to obtain circles - then intersection of line from their centers to obtain points at wall. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in