Replacing a higher resolution CAD model

---

I was doing a Position XY output and noticed b/c our company previously imported STEP files using Medium resolution the Nominal of a circle was off center by .016mm.

I imported a high resolution STEP file and the circle came less than .001 from dead center.

I tried to delete the existing CAD model and import another, but it didn't give you the option to select medium or high resolution. Is there a way to replace a CAD model and upgrade the triangulation of the model to high resolution?

Thanks.

UPDATE...

My apologies...I was able to import a higher resolution STEP file.

When you delete the previous file and import another there is the same dialogue to change the resolution to a higher triangulation. I am not sure why I didn't see this before my post.

Once again, I'm always amazed how good this software is and I am happy to be able to use such a great software every day.

Even at the risk of coming across as a nitpicker, but a STEP file has no "resolution" as it contains only mathematical descriptions of the surfaces. So the resolution is not in the step file itself, but results from the necessity of converting the original CAD to a triangulated mesh in order to be able to make proper comparisons to the actual scanned mesh.

So, as you already discovered, the solution to getting a higher resolution CAD lies within the GOM software, not the original CAD model itself.

Edited