GOM inspect 2021 freezes and crashes

---

---

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the GOM Inspect 2021 on my ATOS Q 8M. As soon as a scanning process, whether manual or via the workflow assistant, has progressed a little further, the GOM Inspect freezes and the program must be terminated via the Task Manager. Sometimes this already happens during the selection in the workflow assistant, but at the latest as soon as 6 - 8 scans have been made and these are being processed by the program. A restore point or reinstalling the operating system with subsequent setup did not help; the error still occurs, which is why I suspect that it could be a hardware error (RAM?). However, the reinstallation went smoothly and a memory diagnosis did not reveal any irregularities. Has anyone experienced anything similar or has any clues to look for?

---

Hi,

I recommend to contact your local ZEISS partner and provide necessary information about your system like log files, etc. for a deeper investigation of your certain setup.

Regards,

Bernd

---

I have already tried that. When I call, I am put on hold until the answering machine picks up my call and promises to call me back: this has not yet happened. I have sent an email to the support email provided by the software when the crash occurred. Because I didn't get a response there either, I also wrote to the general info address. I provided an error report, attempted solutions and the exported service data for both. After 3 weeks I still have no answer.

---

Hello Michael,

according to the case there is a process dump missing for further analysis. Maybe an email got lost at some point.
Please reach out to the support in the ticket CNR-179791-F4Z5W4.

Nanno