Different variables from 2022 to 2023

---

---
Posted (edited)

Hello all, hopefully somebody can help me out. This is the line of code we have for the 2023 software which works great. "tag_options = gom.app.project.all_element_tags" however trying to run the script on 2022 software gives us this issue attached. Cant seem to find the variable for project tags in the 2022 software, does anybody know the correct variable for tags in the 2022 software. Any help is appreciated, thanks 👍

image.png

Edited

---

Hello George,

the tag 'all_element_tokens' has been added for SW2023 and does not exist in SW2022.

I don't know whether there is a convenient way to get all tags in SW2022 and prior versions, but for every element there is a token 'tags' which should give you a list of tag scene names in which the element is visible.

E.g., with gom.app.project.inspection['Point 1'].tags you can get all tag scenes where Point 1 is visible. Obviously that might be only a subset of all tags, but maybe this is useful if you have find some workaround.

---

Afternoon Michael,

Thanks for the quick response and clarification. I will have a go at your alternative method and see if i can figure something out.

Thought it was all complete too until I tried it on the 2022 software... 😢

• 2 weeks later...
---

An update for anybody who may look at the post in the future. Managed to find a very quick alternative method which works for 2022, this allows us to find the tags in the program regardless of what version running. 

image.thumb.png.76a50e3d8b9046890a2080fb1d35f3c4.png