Measuring flatness with points

---

---

Hello,

I have to measure flatness of the element in specific points (only those points can be used, no other area of an element). How can I do it? I only ever checked flatness based on a plane and I'm lost. I wanted to create a plane using those points but I can only select 3 points to do that (I have 20 points). Any help will be appreciated.

płaskość.JPG

---

Hi Anna, you can select all the points with the left mouse button while holding down the CTRL key. Then use the right mouse button to bring up the context menu and choose "Select All Points Of Element". Create a plane with the appropriate command from the menu: Construct -> Plane -> Fitting Plane. If your selected points were nominal points and connected with actual points, you might want to choose "Referenced Construction" as measuring principle for the created nominal plane. Now you should have both a nominal and an actual plane which can be passed to the flatness inspection.

---

Hi Michael, thank you for answering.

I don't see any "Select All Points Of Element" option. Neither under right mouse click nor in any "Selection in 3D" options. Can you provide me a visualization how it looks in your software?

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

---
Posted (edited)

I think I forgot to mention that the right mouse click has to be done while the mouse pointer is positioned above one of the point labels. Maybe you can try this as well.

Edited