Alignment - Mesh flipped on axis

---

---

Good Day Everyone

I have run into a spot of trouble while scanning blanks for our parts. After scanning and polygonize the mesh keeps flipping 180 degrees on the z-axis.

On pre-alignment I have played around with the time length required for alignment. So the results was Short:No Alignment, Normal:Alignment (Flipped), Long:Alignment (Flipped).

Tried giving it a reference point on nominal and actual, Result:No Alignment.

I have also tried a Manual Alignment Rotation, This also resulted in No Alignment.

Best Fit Alignment also result in an upside down alignment.

Attached is a screen shot showing the mesh upside down on the CAD.

If anyone has experienced this and found a solution, please share. I will also be happy for a link if this issue was addressed before.

Regards

Willem v Zyl

Capture.JPG

---

Hello Willem,

you could try to create a nominal patch compound of only one side of the CAD and define it as target element in the prealignment dialog. For symmetric or rotational symmetric parts scanning in a defined alignment might help. A manual 3-Point alignment will let you set the inital alingment manually, but scanning in a defined coordinate system would be a nicer solution.

Nanno

---

Good Day Nanno

Thanks a million. Had to wrap my head around the nominal patch compound, but it worked like a charm.

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...
---

Attempt to establish three coordinate reference planes and use geometric feature alignment for matching and alignment