Sensor Errors

---

---

Hello,

My ATOS IIE Triple scanner has been throwing up errors for sometime and has been happening more lately. Sometimes the camera can be re-initiated to continue scanning but other it times it needs to be toggled on/off, as the error won't go away. We are using the Zeiss 2023 software, sometimes it feels like that's the issue and other times it feels like the scanner, so I'm not sure at this point. The software and firmware have been updated but it never actually says the firmware has been updated, just that a sensor reboot is required to make sure it updated. Any help would be appreciated, thanks-Jim

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

---

Hello Jim,
well I agree - hard to say what is the issue - the sensor has some years under its belt (as is out of support see Product Discontinuation (zeiss.com)).
None the less it could be an idea to get in contact with your local support to take a look at which options are available. 
BR

---

Since the product is discontinued, try to use older versions of the GOM software that were available before the product was discontinued.
These errors can happen because of the software or because of the hardware, so better to make sure wich one it is

• 3 weeks later...
---

Hello, 

Coming from a technical support background at GOM of many years (no longer an employee ) with experience of this hardware this error is most likely an issue with your ethernet cables between sensor and pc.  Most likely left cable , but could be both.  You can run a test of this by using off the shelf cat5 ethernet cable.  If this works out then it would always be recommended to get the proper cable (if its still available) but proper shielded ethernet cable will do the job.

The chances of this being related to software are very low but actually im quite surprised this hardware is still supported in 23 as it is a long time discontinued .

I hope this helps