Poligonization time test

---

---

Dear all,

I would like to share with you an interesting test.
A g.inspect file of 77 images with Capsule 12M MV200 with a size of 2.69Gb was our test subject.
We wanted to compare the differences between the PCs and the 2022 and 2023 versions.
The 2022 version seems to be faster on all machines +2023 has extreme RAM requirements e.g. 2.69Gb G.inspect file is short of 32Gb RAM (on 128Gb machine it went up to 38 Gb)

A suggestion for future improvements: just as the video card has Help->System Analysis->Graphics Card, so could the RAM test and CPU test. After the tests, it would optimize the application...

Or anyone any other comments, suggestions?

test.jpg

---

Dear Gábor Tóth,

thanks for sharing your test results.

Can you please specify which version of 2023 you tested?

I expect less memory consumption with SW2023 Service Pack 2 and, thus, faster computation times.
If you still experience that high memory consumption with Service Pack 2, I would be happy if you could contact the support and share your project with us for further investigation.

Kind regards,

Jascha Achenbach

---

Dear Jascha Achenbach,

The values measured with version 2023 SP1 in the table
Obviously there may be uncertainties in the measurement and the randomness of the background processes, so I ran it again today on a HP Z6 G4(4x32G=128G)test machine.
2022 SP7 : 06:54.82

2023 SP2 : 07:05.9

Does anyone have a machine with a more powerful CPU ( CPUbenckmark above 36000? ) If so, I wonder how much faster they are, for example Dell 7820 with other, more powerful processors? Has anyone tested it with AMD processors?
It would be great to have a table,with one axis the processor types+prices, other axis the computing time.
This would make it easier to judge whether it is worth investing in a more powerful computer, or if we have a cost cap, it would be transparent what computing time/performance can be achieved for a given cost.

Regards,

Gábor

---

Dear Gábor Tóth,

these differences in computing time could indeed stem from the randomness of the background processes.
We constantly strive to improve computing time. In this context I suggest to contact the support and to provide us with your project so that we can take it into account.

Regarding your comparison of processors: By our experience modern AMD processors perform quite well and are worth to put into consideration. Today, we test and support certain processors in order to guarantee highest quality. A complete comparison of processors and their respective computing times would be very challenging to maintain. Please reach out those wishes to the support.

Best regards,
Jascha Achenbach