measuring in ZEISS Inspect viewer?

---

---

We have a team of people who rely on the data produced by GOM scanners. 

We had recommended people use the free GOM viewer to take measurements themselves, but recently we don't seem to be able to find the measurement tools in the free viewer version.

We can find directions online for taking measurements for the free version, but don't find them ourselves.

Has there been a change, limiting the use of the viewer since the acquisition by ZEISS or are we missing something obvious?

• 2 weeks later...
---

Hello Alexis,

the viewer is really just that - you can't construct anything with it. You will get the free version of Inspect, if you start the trial. After 14 days the licence will change to free.
For measuring with a sensor you will also need a sensor license.

Nanno

---

Hi

Please sign in to view this username.

, interesting development in the licence model..

Are there options dealing for customers who have no internet connection ?

I.e.on shop floors and in many secure areas there can be very restrictive/no internet access .  Many companies have centralised IT who roll out software from a controlled repository , we certainly do.  This licencing model makes this difficult and perhaps even impossible.

Further to this, lets say in an office there are 15 people utilising the free software , it would be much more simple for Zeiss to deal with a single.point of contact. It seems cumbersome to the end users and creates difficulties in management of information.  In this scenario having 15 lots of contact data from one office doesnt help Zeiss or the end users in my opinion . Having a strong relationship with a single point of contact,  say metrology manager/ME makes for more clear lines of communication all round .

Understand this is a complex topic for all kinds of commercial reasons but i think a lot of clients would benefit from understanding the options 

• 2 weeks later...
---

Thanks Nanno,

Just to make sure I understand correctly, If i register for the trial, I have 2 weeks full access, then from there I have the free version that will let me measure?
That would be great I could recommend to my colleagues who sometimes need to quickly grab a measurement of the data we produce.

This would explain some of my confusion about what can and can't be done.

I've had all sorts of license issues recently, (looks like I'm not the only one from the forum). Maybe I'll try re-registering for a trial and see what happens.

Thanks 

---

Hi again @Nanno Muel,

I have downloaded the trial again, this time on a different computer, as I understand it, when this trial runs out I should have access to the free version, but only on this computer.  In one of the pieces of information it suggested this free version only lasts 1 year.

If I want to use the free version on a different computer, is the only way to download additional trials. And how would this behave for other users?

To explain, my aim is to be able to open, and measure elements of projects that are not fully processed.  We have our own 3D model sharing system where we can perform measurements, but we prefer to keep this to finished processed exported models only, but sometimes it is helpful to take measurements in partially processed datasets.