Editing the point of a Deviation Label

---

---

Hello, 

I need to place deviation labels on the exact same location on two different meshes wich are in two different projects but located in the same 3D referentiel... Do you know a way to edit the 3D coordinate a deviation label, so I can manually  and exactly place the label in the desire location ^^?

Thanks a lot, 

Vincent

---

You could create a surface point, measure principle intersection with mesh, then check dN, that will do the same thing and now you can move that Surface Point around. It just wont have the color deviation. 

---

Hi Dustin,

to be a little bit more precise: The deviation value in the surface comparison is usually the shortest distance (besides if you have enabled the flag 'collect maximum deviation') which has a correspondence to the measuring principle 'Project point'. But I would also recommend the measuring principle 'Intersect with mesh' even if the reported deviation value could differ slightly from the surface comparison. In a (strongly) shaped surface region this measuring principle is more clear how the deviation value (the actual point) is computed.

Regards,

Bernd

---

Please sign in to view this quote.

Thanks for the more in depth response. I cant remember for the life of me. Im sure ive done it in the past, BUT is there a way to tie a surface dev label to a point, whether it be a surface point, point, or any other kind of point, for reference of the dev label? Meaning when you move the point the label goes with it? Sort of like when you creat a section and tie a point to that section. 

Thanks