Alignments over several stages

---

---

Hello,

I am struggling with stages and the alignments of the parts over stages.

My experience is that if I create a new stage I need another alignments. This could be necessary.

But If I change between stages the parts are misaligned (of course because different actual part has different own alignment) and looks to me that I need to track/follow the proper alignment to the proper stages.

Am I right? Or I do some simple mistakes?

(I have reasonable experience with PolyWorks, but I do not remember such a problem. The alignments are connected to the specific stages and I do not needed to keep track what is going on with the alignments.)

(I know the real solution would be the scanning  the parts into the same coordinate system but I have no influence on that.)

By the way if you can suggest me a training resource I would be appreciate it. The ZEISS/GOM knowledge system is way too messy to me.

Thank you in advance

---

Hi,

according to Aaron it depends on your alignment: If you have created an initial alignment like the 'Prealignment' the software should try to calculate for this new stage the alignment again, individually from other stages. So, it's important that your initial alignment brings the data in each stage independently into the CAD coordinate system. In this alignment you should be able to construct some elements from nominal which can be used for better alignments (usually called 'Main alignment').

If you haven't used an initial alignment which could automatically be calculated the software asks you for each stage to redefine the so called interactive parameters. An example for this would be an alignment with three points where the points were clicked e.g. on the mesh.

Hope this helps?! Otherwise contact your local ZEISS partner for a recommendation which training could make sense.

Regards,

Bernd