Calibrating two cameras (GOM Correlate)

---

Hi.

Is there any method to calibrate two cameras? the cameras are not bought from GOM (two photron high speed cameras, photron SA4, SA5).

If can, How can I calibrate those two cameras? Do those two cameras have to be calibrated before the experiment? or just pictures from different cameras are sufficient?

Thanks.

I'm sorry about the confusion. Let me clarify the problem.

I want to calibrate those two photron cameras by using the GOM or ARAMIS software to build the highspeed stereotype measurement system.

I remembered that the ARAMIS software has the option selecting camera1 and camera2, but I cannot see that options at the GOM software.

Thanks for your support.

• [39...] changed the title to Calibrating two cameras (GOM Correlate)

Hi,

you can't calibrate a photron system guided by the aramis software like you may now from "original" GOM camera systems. But you have to calibrate your measuring volume anyway. 

You need a calibration object, recommended from the GOM, and have take images with your acquisition software where you put your calibration object in different positions and rotations within your measuring volume. The volume should fit to your set up. 

Those images have to be import afterwards in the calibration operation menu (3D calibration from images) in the GOM Software and there the calibration will be performed. 

Hope this will help you. 

Greetings Ivan

Thanks for your kind reply, Ivan.

According to what I understand from your reply, the stereotype measurement system with two high speed photron cameras can be calibrated with the GOM Software by using the calibration object recommended at GOM. 

Also, to calibrate the system, the pictures taken with calibration object have to be imported to the calibration operation menu at GOM software.

But I cannot understand properly about the 'measuring volume'. Does 'measuring volume' mean that the object that I want to measure? or the space occupied the object that I try to measure?

Thanks.

The measuring volume is the area where you can measure an object. Through the calibration process you know the distortion and other parameters from your camera system and the behavior of the object when it has been moved or tilt.