Offsetting surface point in the vector direction

---

I am looking to do some flush and gap inspection and I am using part CAD. I want to take a point on the surface of the part and then offset it to where the fixture would be. How do I offset a point in the points vector direction. Some of the points I am taking are not square to the coordinate system. 

The Way i do it goes like this:

Put a surface point on the surface, then create a "Auto line"  select the surf point and also use the point for the direction. after that press tab key to open the right settings menu, with the line selected scroll down and look for "size" then change  size length to whatever the offset is going to be. then put a point on the end of the line with command "point from line",  make sure that the measuring principle on the line is "copy as actual" and the point as "referenced construction". 

Of course if you have access to  manipulate the CAD model, you can put the point there and imported to the gom project you working on.

good luck

pt on sf.PNG

Nanno is correct but some times when you apply the measuring principal the actual point ends in a different spot , the 

closest method to perfect is "intersection with mesh" still the actual will be deviated. assuming you need the offset point as reference to construct or gauge from it.

Regards