Datum creation at MMR

---

During the creation of an actual Datum System with Datum B and C at MMR, the software is reviewing the virtual condition for the elements used.

During the datum creation what characteristics of the element/elements does the software use to determine virtual condition?

In my situation they are cylindrical bores.

Diameter is one of the characteristics toleranced. For the datum creation is  a 2 point diameter being used? Can I study the 2 point diameter result for assistance in a review?

I am attempting to study, as to why I receive a warning "the virtual condition for one of the elements is violated. I have increased the size tolerance ( GD&T window ) beyond the actual diameter and will still receive the warning, so their must be more.

I have not toleranced for perpendicularity or position for either cylinder.

Suggestions to learn how to review for the why's would be great. Our GOM representative has taken a look at the project and do not see an issue with the work flow.

Hello,

in short the software computes a virtual counterpart of your elements under material requirement and check if they can pair with your actual part. In your case the virtual counterpart are two bolts in given distance to each other and have to fit inside your bores using a fixed direction from your primary datum. The computation of this counterpart (including the diameter) as well as the whole process is described in our online help. Therefore please search for a document named "Background Information about Material Requirements" to get these additional information.

Typically the check failed, if either the diameter or the distance of your cylinders to each other is insufficient. If any question are left please provide the project and contact our support via your local GOM representative.

Best regards

Christoph Schult